Want to make a difference in our world by meeting the challenges of feeding and powering a growing planet?
a challenging and fulfilling career with an international employer.
Pioneer Hi-Bred International has business operations in more than 90
countries, and is committed to increasing food production with high
quality Pioneer brand products and agronomic knowledge that maximizes
agricultural productivity. By combining conventional and advanced plant
genetics, Pioneer is delivering solutions to help meet the needs of a
growing population’s demand for agricultural seed.
The Leveraged position will support the Regional Security Manager for
Africa. Responsible for all aspects of security function in the region,
with initial focus on the implementation and continuous improvement of
DuPont security policies, practices and procedures for the continent of
Africa. Responsible for providing training and increasing the security
competency within the region.
The Incumbent will conduct internal investigations as directed by
Regional Security Manager and when appropriate, provide support to and
coordinate with Leveraged Operations & Risk Management, Legal,
Internal Audit, Information Security, and Business functions. Develop
and maintain appropriate high-level law enforcement contacts at local,
regional and national level.
- Provide expert assistance for the execution of DuPont security
policies and procedures throughout the region, working in support of
Country, Regional and Business leadership.
- Develop continuous improvement and key competency training to help
ensure the safety of all regional personnel and corporate assets.
- Perform risk assessment and develop mitigation strategies for both
internal and external risk to DuPont Intellectual Property & Trade
Secrets under the direction of RSM.
- Routinely assist business and functions in conducting sensitive and confidential internal investigations as directed by the RSM.
- Such confidential investigations range from minor infractions of
company policies to serious criminal misconduct and are conducted in
- Legal, Internal Audit and other functions as required.
- Provide executive security support in instances of potential threat environments.
- Maintain liaison with law enforcement, government authorities, and
appropriate private security entities within the countries where DuPont
operates in the region.
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigations with the appropriate law enforcement and governmental agencies when necessary.
- Under the guidance of the RSM, network and benchmark for best practices with other security professionals in the region.
- Maintain proficiency around applicable laws, internal company
policies, judicial decisions, governmental regulations that impact on
security and investigative functions.
- Consult and provide guidance on a wide range of security issues,
including, but not limited to personal security and protection,
residential security, domestic violence, terrorism, threat management in
the workplace, drug and substance abuse, crime prevention, travel,
identity theft & fraud prevention activities in the region and
- Bachelor’s degree required or 5 years of law enforcement,
intelligence community or corporate security experience with at least
three years of program management experience.
- Experience working or living in the region and language fluency is essential.
- Security subject matter expertise in various related fields such as
investigations; technical security programs and solutions; emergency
preparedness & response; crime prevention; information security;
content protection; threat analysis; event management; intelligence etc.
- Experience working or having formal education in emergency response, crisis management or business continuity.
- Highly developed management, communication, and problem-solving capabilities are essential.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability
to work effectively with all levels of people, both inside and outside
of the company, including various cultures
- Ability to travel extensively as needed.
- Must demonstrate and promote a high level of integrity and ethics with an appreciation for diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Ability and willingness to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Excellent report writing skills, public speaking and time management skills.
Interested and qualified? Go to Corteva career website on dupontimpl.taleo.net to apply