KEY AREA ACTIVITIES
• Preparation of the Financial Reports for Donors and Management.
• Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual project performance reports.
• Assist in preparation of any other ad-hoc Financial Reports to stakeholders.
Budgeting and Budget Monitoring
• Assist in the development of Proposal Budgets in liaison with the project teams
• Assist in preparing the annual budgets in liaison with the project teams.
• Review of monthly income and expenditure statements with project teams to monitor the budget performances.
• Carry out periodic review and reconciliations for PR expenditure as well as SR’s disbursements, expenditures and Fund balances in liaison with the Grants team.
• Preparation of audit schedules.
• Participate in project audits/organizational audits as required.
• Provision of audit sample documents in support of the process.
• Respond to audit issues and ensure previous audit recommendations are implemented.
Management of Debtors
• Maintain up-to-date staff debtor’s status through regular staff account allocations.
• Monitoring sub grantees status through the grants to partner accounts.
Management of Creditors
• Ensure effective and timely processing of invoices or other payments and ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations.
• Review the Programme creditors’ accounts in the system and reconcile them against creditors’ statements.
• Respond to supplier queries for the Programme.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Programme Accountant and/or Senior Finance Manager.
4. Education and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration, Finance, Commerce or relevant qualification.
• Professional qualification – CPA II or its equivalent.
• ICT proficient, accounting and ERP software.
5. Required Qualifications and Experience
• Three (3) years’ relevant experience
6. Skills and Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical and attention to details
• Good organization, planning and coordination skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team player
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be July 05, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.