JOB GRADE MTRH 6
Maintain books of original entry. Make authorization of petty cash payments.
Maintenance of efficient filling systems. Ensure safe custody of
accountable documents and other accounting records. Ensure promotion of
efficient allocation and utilization of financial resources for
Provision of an effective and appropriate Financial Framework for
performance of Hospital functions. Preparation of the institution’s
Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) in collaboration with Planning,
Monitoring and Evaluation Department. Preparation of annual budgets in
collaboration with all directorates, departments/units. Forecast and
Development, implementation and monitoring of the policies.
Application of sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting
for the institutions’ financial resources.
Account for special funds set up under various statutes. Manage
accounting information, which entails coordination and rationalization
of estimates, annual appropriation and fund accounts, cash flow control
and cost analysis. Ensure Commitment of funds an expenditure trends.
Prepare, design and maintain a propei computerized accounting and
financial system and prepare various financial reports;
Principal Accountant responsibilities include:
- Certifying and verifying returns, documents, vouchers and transaction records;
- Ensuring safe custody of accountable documents;
- Monitoring expenditures against approved budgets;
- Overseeing accounting of special funds including donor programmes and project funds;
- Ensuring timely andoroper bank reconciliations;
- Authorizing payments;
- Submitting annual financial statements of accounts;
- Implementing financial strategic plans;
- Implementing Hospital financial regulations and procedures;
- Preparing and reviewing management financial reports;
- Maintaining up to date and accurate books of accounts;
- Conducting business case analysis and due diligence to ensure viability;
- Monitoring and evaluating revenue collection processes; and
- Reviewing short, medium and long-term budget and work plans requirements of the Hospital.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served in the position of Senior Accountant for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA(K) Examination or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business
Management, Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option), or
equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- Registered with Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or its equivalent.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting a minimum period of not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative, supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and
you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your
application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your
relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from
referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer.
Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from
Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and
only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.