Reporting to the Director, Corporate Banking, the position will be responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the Institutional Banking Unit profitability and business growth whilst maintaining high level of customer satisfaction. The position will primarily drive the liability side of the business.
The position shall be responsible for deposit mobilization from the Corporate and Institutional Banking customer base, Government Bodies, International organizations, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Institutions.
- To implement the Institutional Banking strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth of the Liability business through the delivery of innovative and customized solutions to meet the specific requirements of customers and prospects.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations/partnerships with Customers/Government/ Suppliers/ Treasury/ Sector Heads/ Relationship Managers/ other Stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of Liability business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant Business Units in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Provide input required to the Asset and Liability Management Committee and actively ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Manage a relationship team to deliver on the Unit’s financial and performance targets.
- Maintain a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) ensuring that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of relevant reports and daily monitoring of accounts to ensure facilities have accurate interest rates within the approved limits, and taking remedial actions in line with Policy.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing Institutional Banking team.
- University degree in a Business related field from an institution recognized by the Commission for Higher Education. Master’s degree in Finance or any Business related field will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in CPA, ACCA, CFA or AKIB will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years general Banking experience of which one must have had 6 years’ experience in a Senior Management position within Institutional Banking covering:
- Relationship Management / Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Product Development and Portfolio Management
- Credit Management,
- Transactional Banking and Product Services
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking Products & Services with extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 28th March, 2018
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable