Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in
Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental
and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia
farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and
producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people
across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on
the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa. The
company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model:
production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with
the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing
world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for
sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for
the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015
with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in
Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution
across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the
fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight
months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer
in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa
and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to
uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We
recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and
teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a
fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees
to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Location: 90% Nairobi 10% Homabay
Reports to: Director of Finance
Start Date: Immediate
This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an
organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale
aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business
with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a
profound exposure to hi gh-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a Finance Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Associate’s duties and responsibilities will evolve as
the business’s needs grow and evolve, but will generally cover:
- Reporting, Analysis, & Budgeting
- Creating ongoing business intelligence reporting and evaluating organization through data driven metrics.
- Conducting action oriented financial and operational related analysis.
- Management reporting, taxation, risk management, financial budgeting process
- Special projects (e.g. treasury management, economic analysis, fundraising and investor reporting).
- Performing other finance related duties as may be required
- Proven work experience in a financial (financial analysis, audit) or
analytical (consulting, business intelligence, economic research)
position with material responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong curiosity and capacity to learn, comfort with rapidly learning new computer systems and applications
- Able to manage and lead teams to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Ability to analyze financial trends within a company
- Solid understanding of accounting controls and generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient user of finance software (Xero, QuickBooks, or finance ERPs)
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com