The Director of Administration & Finance, working under direct
supervision of the Deputy Director Field Finance Support based in
Washington DC and Country Representative based in Juba, South Sudan will
be responsible for providing leadership, technical support to the
general finance, general administration and sub-grants financial
management teams, ensuring highest level of compliance and financial
accountability across all units in PSI South Sudan. S/he will work
closely with the Country Representative to drive collaboration among the
program and finance teams on financial performance, reporting,
compliance and SR management. In doing so, s/he will play a key role in
ensuring that all PSI finance, administration and sub-grants financial
management teams have the required tools, processes and talent to meet
their objective of acting as strategic partners to the rest of the
organization. The Director of Administration & Finance will
continuously seek to ensure/improve efficiency, integrity and
transparency of financial, administration and sub-grants financial
management operations. S/he is responsible for ensuring that financial
accounting, management and planning processes for PSI South Sudan are of
high quality and are compliant with donor and PSI global standards and
tools, and that the processes are enabling the implementing teams
achieve program targets. S/he is also responsible for control of and
completeness of PSI and its Donor’s fixed assets & inventory plus
the completeness of their records.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Contribute to the strategic vision of PSI/South Sudan, collaborate
with senior management team to ensure strong internal controls and
financial management processes are implemented in line with PSI and
Donor requirements across PSI South Sudan
- Manage and strengthen the staff & systems for PSI South Sudan’s
Administration and Finance functions; comprising of Sub-grants financial
management, Financial Accounting, Inventory Control & Accounting,
Payroll, Asset Control & Accounting and general Office
- Lead and coordinate PSI South Sudan’s annual budget development
process; develop, manage, analyze and track the Finance &
Administration budget including the overall common direct costs budget
for PSI South Sudan.
- Lead and coordinate the breakdown of project budgets across
departments to drive budget ownership across PSI South Sudan;
Operationalization and realignments of PSI South Sudan’s projects
budgets in general.
- Lead and coordinate the review of PSI South Sudan’s projects
financial performance by conducting, together with project managers,
monthly project financial review & analysis meetings. Also ensuring
close collaboration and communication with PSI Washington
- Drive timely, documented and effective sub-grants financial management, financial performance review and capacity building
- Adopt, disseminate, operationalize and ensure compliance with PSI
Global finance and compliance policies & procedures (e.g. SOPs, SR
management tools), Donor rules & regulations and respective laws of
South Sudan (e.g. taxation laws & other statutory requirements).
Also coordinate and escalate to PSI Washington’s Field Finance Support
team where potential conflicts are identified or where training &
support is needed.
- Provide finance technical support and advice to the Country Representative and Program Staff.
- Lead overall organization’s accurate, timely and useful financial reporting.
- Ensure cash availability to run projects and for coordinating forecasting efforts thereon
- Support users and oversee the performance of QuickBooks Enterprise as business financial processes leader.
- Provide regular costing and cost analysis of PSI Activities in bid
to provide information to influence cost efficiency in program
- Ensure adequate insurance cover on organizations assets and other resources (Cash, inventory etc)
- Ensure effective control/tracking of PSI and its Donor’s physical
assets & inventory plus maintenance of accurate records for the same
- Ensure timely engagement of external auditors, preparation,
management and successful conclusion of all auditing activities
(internal, external, donor, LFA etc) at PSI South Sudan and PSI/HQ;
Including ensuring that management comments are addressed, and
recommendations are implemented.
- In coordination with HR Unit, oversee accurate and timely payroll generation.
- Liaison and contact person for all financial matters between PSI
South Sudan and PSI HQ or Donors including coordination with both PSI
Washington Finance and PSI Washington Global Fund Management Unit.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your
work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need
to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with
the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can
rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country
offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with
the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with
host-country governments through thick and thin
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or a professional qualification in accounting (e.g. CPA/ ACCA)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible positions in a large-scale, non-profit or commercial environment
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated leadership working in with a large INGO finance and
operations team in a challenging operating environment will be an added
- Strong knowledge of funder regulations, including Global Fund, DFID and USAID.
- Experience with ERP systems and Strong working knowledge of
spreadsheets required. Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise will be an
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
USE LINK TO APPLY