Contributes to the development of the business strategy, aligns the finance strategy to thebusiness strategy and plays an advisory role to the business.
Provides efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and to enabletimely management decision-making as well as institutionalize a culture of rigorous financialanalysis for the purpose of supporting major business decisions.
Develops and ensures maintenance of a robust cash forecasting and management systemthat ensures adequate treasury & working capital management.
Ensures the effective financial evaluation and financing of major investments/capital spendallowing for sound decision making.
Monitors performance against financial plans and provides relevant and timely information tothe Senior Management, Departments and other stakeholders.
Leads the Group’s annual budgeting process as well as directs and reviews budgetaryrecommendations and expenditures.
Leads the Group’s annual reporting cycle in liaison with internal and external auditors
Ensure that the organization does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error byensuring that assets are safeguarded and closely monitors and maintains adequate financialcontrols.
Take a leadership role in managing relationships with financial institutions, payers,underwriters, suppliers, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
Ensures that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met as regards to allcompany financial affairs.
Ensures collection of all valid debts and reconciliation of accounts receivables
Ensure proper management and oversight of the company’s inventory.
Keep the Board of Directors informed of all matters relating to of the business’s performanceon key financial metrics and drawing attention to important trends and opportunities that willmaximize earnings and minimize risk
Plans, develops, organizes, manages, directs and evaluates the organization’s finance functionand team performance.
Provide leadership to achieve high team performance by ensuring employee development,employee engagement and performance management to deliver organization objectives andgoals.
Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting. A master’s degree would be an added advantage.
• Qualified CPA–K or ACCA
• CFA would be an added advantage
• Membership to Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
• 10+ years’ relevant experience with more than 5 years’ at a senior level with a significant body of broad finance management experience, preferably developed in complex, performance driven organisations.
• Experience of evolving finance systems in a rapidly changing environment.
• Practical knowledge of working with and implementing ERP systems as well as Hospital Information Systems
• Proven leader, with strong managerial ability.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a multicultural team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written and oral english communications skills with the ability to successfully represent the hospital internally and externally to a diverse mix of constituencies to further the mission of the organisation.
• Highly responsive, ethical and responsible individual with a professional approach to business and a desire to be held accountable for results.
• Demonstrated capacity to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees.
How to Apply
Application documents (CV and Certificates) to be sent to email@example.com with the job position as the subject of the email (i.e. Chief Finance Officer) by 26th March 2023.